[Live-devel] RTSP Server streaming problem: disconnect after some time

Andrea Beoldo andrea.beoldo at technoaware.com
Fri Feb 28 03:22:02 PST 2014

Hi,

we have developed a RTSP video streaming server using Live555 (version
07/2011).
With the same verison of Live lib we have also implemented a RTSP Client
to show the stream. We use this client without any problem to acquire
stream from different cameras.
The problem is that with when I connect this Client to the developed
streaming server (in unicast mode) the connection close after sime time
(around 1 hour).
The Client perform a keepalive every 30 seconds calling a sendOptionCmd().

I tried to work (on thye server side) on the reclamationTestSeconds
parameters. I set it to 0 and the problem still remains.

Here there is the c++ code that I used on the streaming server side:

                     TaskScheduler* scheduler =
BasicTaskScheduler::createNew();
                     m_pEnvironment =
BasicUsageEnvironment::createNew(*scheduler);

                     UserAuthenticationDatabase* authDB = NULL;

                     RTSPServer* rtspServer =
RTSPServer::createNew(*m_pEnvironment, params.m_iServerPort, authDB, 45);
                     if (rtspServer == NULL)
                     {
                         *m_pEnvironment << "Failed to create RTSP
server: " << m_pEnvironment->getResultMsg() << "\n";
                         return;
                     }
                     ServerMediaSession* sms =
ServerMediaSession::createNew(*m_pEnvironment,
params.m_sStreamName.c_str(), "",   "Session streamed by streamer",
True /*SSM*/);

sms->addSubsession(serverMediaSubsession::createNew(*m_pEnvironment,
true, params, this));
                     rtspServer->addServerMediaSession(sms);

                     char* url = rtspServer->rtspURL(sms);
                     *m_pEnvironment << "Play this stream using the URL
\"" << url << "\"\n";
                     delete[] url;

                     // Start the streaming:
                     *m_pEnvironment << "Beginning streaming...\n";
                     m_initSemaphore.post();
m_pEnvironment->taskScheduler().doEventLoop();

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

--
Andrea Beoldo
Project Manager/R&D
Email: andrea.beoldo at technoaware.com
Web: www.technoaware.com

*Privacy*

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e confidenziali. Il loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio, per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo dal Suo sistema ed a distruggere le varie copie o stampe, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Ogni utilizzo improprio è contrario ai principi del D.lgs 196/03 e alla legislazione europea (Direttiva 2002/58/CE). TechnoAware opera in conformità al D.lgs 196/2003 e alla legislazione europea.

The information contained in this message as well as the attached file(s)is confidential/privileged and is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, or you have received this communication in error, please be aware that any dissemination, distribution or duplication is strictly prohibited and can be illegal. Please notify us immediately and delete all copies from your mailbox and other archives. Thank you.