[Live-devel] Subclassing OnDemandServerMediaSubsession for Live Video Sources to stream h264

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 10 07:51:40 PST 2014

> Thanks, the fix does work, I am able to stream my live source. But the video quality I am getting on other side is quite glitch. Basically I am streaming encoded data from ffmpeg’s output packet (AVPacket) but I am suspecting that since FFmpeg Gives more than one nal unit in a single AVPacket there might be data loss in live media while streaming because of which playing in client side producing wrong images. I have increased the outPacketBuffer::maxSize to 160000 but it doesn’t seem to fix the problem.
> Does live media do the parsing of Nal unit which are inside FFmpeg’s AVPacket or I have to copy single nal unit at a time in my device source?

The latter - because your input source consists of discrete NAL units, rather than a byte stream.  Specifically, your input source must deliver NAL units, one at a time, *without* 0x00000001 start codes, into a "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer" (*not* a "H264VideoStreamFramer"; that class is used only when streaming a H.264 video byte stream - i.e., from a file or a pipe).