[Live-devel] SIGSEGV Exception After sendDescribeCommand() Called

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 13 07:14:59 PST 2014

> The app currently uses the Live555 release dated 2013-10-03 and it works very reliably. However, if I then use any release after that date (including 2014-01-11), the app immediately throws a SIGSEGV exception.
>
> Now, this happens sometime after sendDescribeCommand(), but before continueAfterDESCRIBE() , is called.

Unfortunately, because the problem seems to happen only with your custom application, I'm not sure I can help you with it.  I'm also unaware of any recent changes to our RTSP client-related code that may be causing your problem.  I assume that - whenever you upgrade to a new version of our code - you're doing a clean replacement - i.e., completely removing all old binaries (and all LIVE555 ".cpp" and ".hh" files) before you recompile.

> I've included an abbreviated dump of the exception below:

Abbreviating the stack trace doesn't help; you should post the whole thing.