[Live-devel] problem processing RTSP TEARDOWN

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 17 06:50:50 PST 2014

"valgrind" frequently reports 'false positives' - i.e., 'errors' that aren't really errors.  Therefore, I don't pay attention to "valgrind" reports, unless they're accompanied by a report of a real problem (such as a crash), or an identification of a specific bug in the code.  In other words, a "valgrind" report, is not, per se, a "problem".

In this case, I don't see any problem in the code.  The "RTSPClientSession" object is looked up - for each request - by looking up the 'session id string' in a hash table.  The "RTSPClientSession" destructor (which is called when handling a "TEARDOWN") also removes the object from the hash table.  So I don't see any way that a "RTSPClientSession" object can get deleted twice.

So, right now I don't see this "valgrind" report as indicating a real problem.