[Live-devel] testOnDemandRTSPServer UDP only

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 17 20:24:26 PST 2014

>      I am using testOnDemandRTSPServer. I can stream using TCP or UDP from QT player(with client side settings changed). What changes do I need to make so that only UDP streaming is allowed.

Venkat,

I'm a bit surprised by your question, because most people consider RTP/RTCP-over-TCP streaming to be a feature.  (If the client is behind a firewall, then sometimes this is the only way that it will be able to access the stream.)

However, if you really want to modify your server so that it refuses all requests to stream via TCP, you can do so by changing line 1650 of "liveMedia/RTSPServer.cpp" (assuming the latest version of the code: 2014.01.18) from
	if (fIsMulticast) {
	if (fIsMulticast || streamingMode == RTP_TCP) {

(Of course, if you make this modification, it - like all modifications to the code - will be subject to the conditions of the LGPL.)