[Live-devel] streaming h264 dynamic payload from rtp source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 21 11:11:01 PST 2014

> Ok, So I’ve started my own MPEG2PesParser class that extends FramedFilter to do the parsing.  I started the implementation for doGetNextFrame() and understand how to parse the PES from the datagram payload but I still do not see how to get at the data nor how to pass that data along to the sink.
>
> I set some breakpoints in RTPInterface and see the startNetworkReading being called in response to the PLAY request but the incomingReportHandler is not called.
>
> Seems my MPEG2PesParser::doGetNextFrame() is being called before the RTPInterface::incomingReportHandler is called.
>
> What am I missing?

I don't know, because unfortunately I don't understand what you are trying to do.  In your last email, you said you wanted to write a server - i.e., something that transmits RTP packets.  But now, you seem to be talking about something that *receives* RTP packets.

In any case, I suspect that your project may be too complex for me to give you much advice 'for free' on this mailing list.  If your company is interested in having me consult with you to help you with your project, then please contact me by separate email.