[Live-devel] Adding some DVB Tables to a Stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jan 26 13:12:12 PST 2014

> I want to add some DVB tables (e.g. SDT, NIT) to a stream that I'm streaming
> over LIVE555 RTSPServer. Can someone tell me where the best point for this
> injection is? I'm receiving a TS via RTPSource or UDPSource.^

Because you are using our RTSP server implementation, I presume that you have written your own "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" subclass, and thus have reimplemented the "createNewStreamSource()" virtual function.  If so, then the best place to add this 'injection' would be in your "createNewStreamSource()" function.

Specifically, you would define and implement your own subclass of "FramedFilter" that does the 'injection'.  Your "createNewStreamSource()" function would then create a "RTPSource" or "BasicUDPSource" - as it presumably does now - but then feed this into a new object of your "FramedFilter" subclass.  The function would then return a pointer to your new "FramedFilter" subclass object.