[Live-devel] Play response setting in Live555 Server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 29 00:15:24 PST 2014

> We are facing some difficulty in setting the current play time in the Play response from Live555 Media Server. The scenario is as below.
>
> We are using the handleCmd_PLAY function to send the response to the player for play request as per the design. Unfortunately the player sends the range as :  -7868. It is not giving the start time, only end time is sent from the player to the Server. In that scenario, when we try to use the getCurrentNPT() method to get the current play time. But we are not getting the current play time. We are getting the time as 0.000. Can you please give some info regarding this.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you're asking.  Are you using the supplied, unmodified "RTSPServer" code, or have you written your own subclass that redefines "handleCmd_Play()"?  If it's the latter, then I'm not sure that I can help you.  (Generally speaking, I can help you only if you're using the original, unmodified code.)