[Live-devel] File handle leak in slightly modified testMPEG2TransportStreamer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 30 16:44:18 PST 2014

I haven't seen this at all with the unmodified "testMPEGTransportStreamer" code - which is what you should be using to test this.  The call to
	Medium::close(videoSource);
in the "afterPlaying()" function (line 133) does, indeed, cause the "ByteStreamFileSource" object (and its underlying FID) to be closed.

> On investigating, I discovered that videoSink->source() does not return the same pointer as was passed to videoSink->startPlaying()

"videoSink->source()" should be the same as "videoSource", from the time that "startPlaying()" was called, up until the time that "afterPlaying()" is called.  At that time, "videoSink->source()" gets set to NULL.  That's expected, and OK, because the "afterPlaying()" function doesn't close "videoSink->source()"; it closes "videoSource".

I see no bug here.