[Live-devel] Memoryleak only when connecting memory tool

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 30 18:36:17 PST 2014

The "ReorderingPacketBuffer" is not a 'memory leak'.  *Every* incoming packet that gets added to this queue will later get consumed, and its memory will then get reclaimed (perhaps reused for the next incoming packet).  If an incoming packet weren't added to the "ReorderingPacketBuffer", then it would, instead remain buffered inside the OS - but without the benefit of being able to reorder out-of-order incoming packets.  And as I said before, if the length of the "ReorderingPacketBuffer" increases over time, it must be because you're not consuming the incoming packets fast enough.

Anyway, I'm not going to accept any more emails from you - unless they happen to describe a very specific bug, with a very specific cause.  Please remember that every message that's posted to this mailing list is read by almost 2000 people - many of whom are experienced software professionals who are making quite extensive use of this software.  Whenever you feel the need to post prolifically to this mailing list with random 'software conspiracy theories', then please check yourself, and ask: Do you really think that you have some special insight that the other ~1999 people on this list don't?

In any case, please remember that Live Networks Inc. is not a charity, and I can't spend an unlimited amount of time helping out people who are using this software for free.