[Live-devel] Stream WAV audio over RTP

Kevin Silver ksilver986 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 01:25:02 PST 2014

Hello,

I apologise in advance if this is a basic question.

I am writing an application which I would like to stream 8 and 16 bit pcm
audio from wav files over rtp to a receiver elsewhere on my network.  The
control mechanism for this however will eventually be snmp (with SAP
messages for the reciever configuration) rather than rtcp so I would like
the stream to simply be rtp.

I have seen the example program 'testWAVAudioStreamer' which is clearly
very close to my needs however using rtsp.

I was wondering whether there is an example available to use the libraries
to send out rtp without the control protocol?

Thank you in advance for any help

Kevin