[Live-devel] catch statement in MPEG1or2Demux.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jul 8 16:08:56 PDT 2014

No, I'm not going to make major, widespread changes to perfectly good (non-buggy) code, just to work around bugs in one old compiler.  (Note that the use of the "StreamParser" code extends far beyond just "MPEGProgramStreamParser".)

Exceptions in C++ are a part of the language - just like function calls and "if" statements.  They (despite their name) are not 'errors', and compilers should not be reporting them as such.  I suggest that you upgrade to a different compiler (or a different OS; this is 2014, after all :-)