[Live-devel] live555MediaServer refresh

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jul 8 21:00:10 PDT 2014

Actually, thinking about this a bit more - I'm going to include your 'hack' in the next release of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software, because it's generally useful - for any type of file - if the underlying file has changed since the last time that it was requested.

> This way it seems to work, but we are not sure if we did it in the right way. Actually we are worried about possible concurrency issues (e.g. what if a new request deleting a previous session that is still in use?).

No, that's not a problem.  "removeServerMediaSession()" doesn't actually delete the object if an existing client is still using the old one.  (The object won't get deleted until that client's stream gets closed.)