[Live-devel] use ServerMediaSubsession for RTP & RTCP streaming

David Cassany Viladomat david.cassany at i2cat.net
Tue Jul 15 01:45:55 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have some doubts on how to use the OnDemandServerMediaSubsession class. I
am actually using it (we defined a very simple extension of it adapted to
our data source) to stream via RTSP without any issue, it works like charm.

Now I am trying to achieve is to be able to stream the same source via RTSP
(to any client that connects to the rtsp url) and via an static RTP/RTCP
session (by static I mean that I want the server to stream to an specific
IP and port, passed as a command argument for instance)*. *

I want to stream to the static destination usign the same Subsession (this
way I expect to not have to worry about concurrent RTPSinks getting frames
from the same source). At the moment I am using:

subsession->getStreamParameters(clientSessionId, addr,
                                    port, port + 1, -1, 0, 0, dstAddr,
destinationTTL,
                                    multicast, serverRTPPort,
serverRTCPPort, streamState);

subsession->startStream(clientSessionId,
                            streamState, NULL, NULL, rtpSeqNum,
rtpTimestamp, NULL, NULL);

//where addr and port are the IP adress and port I want to stream to,
multicast is False, TTL = 255 adn streamState just a pointer where I keep
the StreamState reference for later use.

These two lines executes without failure, and debugging them I think they
run as expected, but after executing it does not stream. I have the feeling
I miss something else to actually start streaming, does anyone have a clue?

Thanks in advance for any hint,
David