[Live-devel] Problem setting rtpmap on Flir A320 thermal camera.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jul 23 08:45:40 PDT 2014

There are a couple of issues here:

1/ We currently do not implement the RTP payload format "video/RAW" (as defined in RFC 4175), so we cannot currently receive (or transmit) that payload format.  Support for that payload format might get added sometime in the future - as a 'funded project' - if there is sufficient interest.

2/ We currently do not support SDP "m=" lines that contain more than one RTP payload format number (e.g., "96 97 98 99 100 102 103" in your example).  Currently, if we see such a line, we handle only the first RTP payload format number (i.e., 96 in your example).  That's why you were able to receive the MPEG-4 video stream from the camera.

We currently have no way to demultiplex an incoming RTP stream that uses more than one RTP payload format number.  This is a bug, and will probably be fixed in the future (no ETA, however).

If you were able to reconfigure your camera to put the RTP payload format number for 'raw' video (102, in your example) as the first one in the SDP "m=" line, then our code would be able to receive it, when/if we supported the "video/RAW" RTP payload format (see 1/).