[Live-devel] RFC4175 uncompressed video streaming: variable payload header length

Marco Porsch m.porsch at intenta.de
Fri Jul 25 00:21:34 PDT 2014

Hi,

>> I am currently trying to implement uncompressed video streaming according to RFC4175.

> Because this is likely to be something of general use (e.g., someone else was asking about this just yesterday), I suggest posting the code that you have so far (i.e., for your subclass of "MultiFramedRTPSink" (for sending) and "MultiFramedRTPSource" (for receiving)) to the mailing list, and I'll take a look at it, and see if I can clean it up to include in the LIVE555 source code.

Please find my current source code attached to this mail.

The .patch file contains everything that ought to go into the library anyhow according to the license. The "UncompressedVideoRTPSink" is currently subclassed from "VideoRTPSink". The use of "1448" as fixed value for the frame size is just the current state of experimentation.

In my "UncompressedVideoSink" class (that is too specific to post) I parse the SDP description string using
attrVal_int("width");
attrVal_int("height");
attrVal_int("depth");
attrVal_str("sampling");
if (strcmp(samplingStr, "mono") == 0) ...
and set up my player's receive buffer accordingly.

Thank you for considering to add this feature. Please especially keep me updated on what I did wrong in my implementation attempt. And please, although it may not be especially mentioned in the RFC, please also consider the option for "mono" color sampling, as it is required in my case as well as for the earlier posted request on the Flir A320 camera.

Regards,
Marco Porsch