[Live-devel] Fwd: Logging for analytics

Pete Pulliam ppulliam at llnw.com
Wed Jun 4 14:57:07 PDT 2014

I'm looking to log information about connections for analytics.  I've
written a proxy style RTSP server on top of the RTSPServer class, which is
very loosely based on the proxy example with the library.  Logging new
connection information is easy, but what I would like to do create a single
line log entry containing the streamName and bytes sent
​​
at connection teardown time.   It would be nice to have the connection's
starting time and ending time in that line too.

​don't
 see any easy to use hooks,
​while
OnDemandServerMediaSubsession::deleteStream
​ is called when a client connection ends, I'd hate to make custom
implementations ​of the entire tree just to implement the equivalent of a
callback with logging info, not to mention getting the specific data I'm
interested in there.

Any advice for how to best go about this?   Has anyone else already done
this?

We're likely to push
​ ​
​any​
 changes in the library level back to the live555 project.

​
​Pete​

--
The information in this message may be confidential.  It is intended solely
for