[Live-devel] streaming multiple videos with multiple streams

Adrian Kovacs A.Kovacs at Noldus.NL
Thu Jun 5 04:06:26 PDT 2014

I use 1Gbit LAN, I know that WiFi is not good enough for video technology.

Technical details:
I develop in Win7 SP1 64-bit.
Currently I use a 1280 x 800 AVC video 25 frame/sec, which I stream on 2 different RTSPServer. Resource monitor shows 1000-1200 KB/sec receiving for each VLC and 2000-2400 KB/sec sending and also receiving for the RTSPServer application (graphstudio).

This amount shouldn't be problem for the LAN, and the problem also happens, if I stream it only to my computer. To reproduce the problem, 2 streams are enough. I also tested to stream one bigger HD video, but that went without problem, so the problem is not the absolute bandwidth.