[Live-devel] streaming multiple videos with multiple streams

Adrian Kovacs A.Kovacs at Noldus.NL
Thu Jun 5 06:02:11 PDT 2014

> Are you encoding that video on the same system in real time?  2-4 streams of 1 megapixel @ 25 fps AVC is pretty aggressive.

No I don't do any encoding, my DirectShow filter only sends same type of video, that it gets (and live555 supports). When I do the 2 streams test case and I receives the streams also in my computer with VLC, my processor usage is below 20%, so that's also shouldn't be problem.

> If you're streaming preencoded files, are you doing intelligent disk reads?  Nonblocking reads into large buffers, etc?

No I use DirectShow FileSource filter for file reading. My primary goal is not only streaming video files but rather camera streams live. In fact the files, that I use, were recorded from a test camera without changing the encoding. We can't allow more than 200ms delay in LAN, so no really buffering is possible.