[Live-devel] streaming multiple videos with multiple streams

Adrian Kovacs A.Kovacs at Noldus.NL
Tue Jun 10 03:36:34 PDT 2014

I did a WireShark test to see what happens on the network. I did the test with one stream, which worked ok, and then I did it with 2 streams, which caused the problem.

I didn't noticed any difference during streaming, but when I stopped streaming I found a difference: in two streams cases STP continues to sending pause messages for a while:

Spanning-tree-(for-bridges)_01 Spanning-tree-(for-bridges)_01 MAC CTRL 60 MAC PAUSE: pause_time: 65535 quanta

I did another test with 2 streams, but I didn't start a receiver for it (so no one received it). The log was looked similar, but at stop streaming I didn't get those pause messages. Note that some pause message was also sent periodically during streaming in all cases.

I read that this can block network traffic, which happens in my case. Do you have idea how to prevent this?