[Live-devel] SIGABRT in base64Decode in liveMedia/Base64.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Jun 21 17:15:44 PDT 2014

> We have been using live 555 reliably for a couple of years to provide the RTSP streams from a CCTV camera we have developed. When testing RTSP over HTTP streams (using VLC 2.1.3 as a client) we have found we get one of the following error messages after ~65-100 minutes:
>
> *** glibc detected *** /program/name: free(): invalid next size (fast):
> or:
> *** glibc detected *** /program/name: malloc(): memory corruption:

Unfortunately there's usually not much I can do to help track down problems like this, unless I'm able to reproduce the problem myself (e.g., using an unmodified "LIVE555 Media Server", and "openRTSP -T <http-port-number>").

I assume that you're using the latest version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code (as several bugs related to RTP/RTCP-over-TCP (including RTSP-over-HTTP) streaming were fixed over the past few months).

> Running a debug build of live 555 and a debug build of our code through gdb (using the Eclipse IDE) we find no stack trace (only disassembly code - we are building live 555 with -g3 -O0 -DDEBUG)

Try "-g", without any "-O".  Then "gdb" should work.