[Live-devel] Any method to read tsx files?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 25 15:59:55 PDT 2014

> I'm working in a team

Does your team not have its own domain name? :-)

> where some co-workers are using Live555. They have ts files with associated tsx files, but some of them are empty and many other are not.

The "MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer" utility will generate an empty ".tsx" file if the Transport Stream (i.e., ".ts") file is (somehow) inappropriate for indexing - e.g., if it doesn't contain a MPEG-1,2,4 or H.264 or H.265 video track, or if it's encrypted in some way.

If you're still unsure why a ".ts" file generates an empty ".tsx" file, then please put an example ".ts" file on a (publically-accessible) web server, and post the URL, so we can download and test it for ourselves.