[Live-devel] Errors on client side when using vlc as media player

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 26 11:59:17 PDT 2014

> The idea is then to stream the file test.264 using live555. I tried different approaches; live555MediaServer, testONDemandRTSPServer,
> testH264VideoStreamer and a modified version of testONDemandRTSPServer where only test.264 is streamed. Regardless of the live555
> executable used, I am unable to view the video stream on a client.

http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#my-file-doesnt-work

Please put your "test.264" file on a publically-accessible web (or FTP) server, and post the URL (not the file itself) to the "live-devel" mailing list, and we'll take a look at it, to see if we can figure out what's wrong.

> If vlc is used on the server to stream the video

When VLC is used as a RTSP server, it does not use the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code, so that's not relevant here.