[Live-devel] stream webcam using ffmpeg and live555

John Q john_q61 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 00:50:51 PDT 2014

How can I fix it? I am new here. Any suggestions?
Much appreciate your pointing me in the right direction.

On Thursday, 26 June 2014, 4:44, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

That's what I thought too. The "testOnDemandRTSPServer" prints "missing sync byte" on the console when I try to grab frames from it using VLC.
Why didn't you mention this before?  That's your problem: The UDP stream that you're generating (using "ffmpeg") does not contain proper MPEG Transport Stream data.  That's what you need to fix.