[Live-devel] [Live_devel] mpg file does not finish immediately at EOF

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jun 29 22:18:16 PDT 2014

>  can I solve my problem?

There is no "problem".  Both our RTSP server and VLC (as a RTSP client) are working properly when your file is streamed.

As I explained before: Because the server knows the duration of the file, and can seek within it, it does not send a RTCP "BYE" when it reaches the end of the stream.  This allows the RTSP client (VLC in your case) to keep the session open.  (Notice that VLC lets you seek backwards within the stream to replay part of the file, if you wish.)