[Live-devel] OPTIONS vs GET_PARAMETER for keep alive with proxy server

Craig Matsuura cmatsuura at vivint.com
Tue Mar 4 15:59:27 PST 2014

It appears the GET_PARAMETER will accept the Session header as a OPTIONS does not care.  So if for some reason the camera server closes the session what is the indicator to the client?  If the GET_PARAMETER is sent with a Session I assume the camera server should respond with a 454 and not reply to the message with a 200?

In my logs it appears the Session header is sent in the OPTIONS command but assume a OPTIONS is not session dependent it will ignore any session header.

So I guess my point is how the session header would be honored in a OPTIONS vs GET_PARAMETER.  Seems the GET_PARAMETER is a better solution.

Thanks,
Craig