[Live-devel] Error in testH264VideoStreamer

Ron Woods rwoods at vaytek.com
Sun Mar 9 09:21:24 PDT 2014

I did get testH264VideoStreamer working in my VS 2012 environment by cleaning and rebuilding each component library.  I'm not sure what was wrong before, except that possibly there was some inconsistency in the builds.

I built each library in debug mode; so, I had to change the reference to msvcrt.lib to msvcrtd.lib in the win32.config file as well as comment out the NODEBUG=1 line as noted at the top. (Original file has msvcirt.lib, but that's been superseded by msvcrt.lib).  To build release mode, I do the inverse.

Also, it would be good to note somewhere in the documentation that the clean line in the make files:
    -rm -rf *.$(OBJ) $(ALL) core *.core *~ include/*~
is for Unix or Linux and doesn't work for Windows.  I used the following line:
    del *.$(OBJ) $(ALL)
that works; but, is this fully equivalent to the Unix/Linux command?

Ron