[Live-devel] proxyServer: Extra bytes before PLAY response

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 13 01:51:08 PDT 2014

> I have noticed that when a client connects to the live555ProxyServer  using RTP over TCP, some extra bytes are present before the PLAY response. This happens only if the client is not the first one to connect to the live555ProxyServer (ie. There are existing clients that have connected too).

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce this - nor can I explain it.  These 'extra bytes' look like an interleaved RTCP packet, but we explicitly set ourselves up to receive and handle such data after we get the response to the "SETUP" command.  So interleaved RTCP packets appearing after "PLAY" should not be a problem.

(A bug here was fixed last October, but I see that you're using a newer version of the code - so I'm at a loss to explain this.  Sorry.)