[Live-devel] Best place to ask general RTSP questions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 13 14:21:06 PDT 2014

Questions about RTSP should be posted to this mailing list *only if* they relate specifically to the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software.  I.e., you'll need to explain - clearly and specifically - how your question relates to our software.

Note that questions about how other companies products (e.g., network cameras) use RTSP should be directed instead to the manufacturers of those products - *not* to this mailing list.

If you have a question about RTSP - completely independent of our (or any other) implementation - then you could send it to the IETF's "mmusic" mailing list (which discusses the RTSP standard).

In any case, questions should be clear and concise.  Vague, wishy-washy questions aren't appreciated anywhere.

Also, a reminder that if you've made modifications to the supplied code, you can't, in general, expect support in this mailing list.  So please don't try to sneak around this by trying to pretend that a question about your own code is really a general question about LIVE555 code, or about RTSP in general.