[Live-devel] Implementation of RTSP server

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Tue Mar 18 14:48:04 PDT 2014

On 3/18/2014 13:24, lonely heart wrote:
> Does anyone have an implemented RSTP server to stream the video file
> which the client has requested.

The testOnDemandRTSPServer program that comes with Live555 does exactly
that.

> The user DOES NOT want to allow all the
> files,

testOnDemandRTSPServer only serves files in the current directory, or in
directories underneath that one.  Unless you run it from your system's
root directory, it cannot serve all files, even if it had permissions to
read all of them.

> but only a few files which he wants to share.

So put those files in a directory, and run testOnDemandRTSPServer in
that directory.

Alternately, you can use your OS's permissions system to make certain
files readable to the user running testOnDemandRTSPServer, while others
which are available in that directory are unreadable.

> If anyone has a good documentation of the library, please share it.

You believe we are holding out on you, keeping the good documentation
for ourselves?  The documentation on live555.com is all there is, good,
bad or mixed.