[Live-devel] H264 RTP multicast

Goran Ambardziev goran.ambardziev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 02:43:39 PDT 2014

Hello,

A little bit info about my application:
I have created H264 RTP Multicast application, based on
*testH264VideoStreamer* application. Instead from a file, I'm interested in
streaming H264 from Microsoft Media Foundation H264 Video Encoder (
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd797816(v=vs.85).aspx
)

So, I've sub classed FramedSource and created my own H264FramedSource which
feeds the H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer.

So far so good: I've tested with VLC and openRTSP and my server is
streaming packets to them.

Now the problem is that the picture is all scrambled. I know that it got
something to do with how I deliver/handle NAL Units and this is my question
to this forum.

>From the encoder, I get buffers with multiple NAL Units. NAL Units are all
with 0x00000001 start codes. I strip this codes from the buffers, break the
buffer and send the packets as separate NAL units.

Also, I get NAL Units with fragments. As much as I understand, live555 lib
can handle NAL Units with fragments. But anyway, I've tried it both ways:
1. send NAL Units as single packet or
2. divide fragments and send them separately.
If 1, I get a scrambled picture in VLC, if 2 I get no picture at all.

Can somebody point to me where I should be looking next, and where might
the problem be? What should I be looking on?

Thanks,
Goran.