[Live-devel] AAC/H264 RTP Multicast timestamps

Ralf Globisch rglobisch at csir.co.za
Mon Mar 31 21:55:49 PDT 2014

> main warning: playback too late (177441): up-sampling
> main warning: playback way too late (181443): flushing buffers
> main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 655 ms)
> main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 616 ms)
> main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 576 ms)
> main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 536 ms)

Goran, AFAICT this is usually a VLC issue.

- We see these types of messages all the time in our platform (which
is implemented using live555 on the server.) A different media player
we've tried seems to play the stream without these "glitches".
- I see the same messages using my own RTSP/RTP stack written from scratch.

Not sure if it will help at all, but you could try playing around with the various caching
values in VLC.

and is believed to be clean.