[Live-devel] RTP source filter

Ralf Globisch rglobisch at csir.co.za
Thu May 1 11:21:48 PDT 2014

It sounds to me like the OP is trying to write a DirectShow source filter, which she failed to mention.

If that is the case I'm not sure if reading from stdin would work.
Rather she should run the live555 code in its own thread and then pass on
incoming media samples to the DirectShow source filter media processing thread.

An example that shows how this can be done with live555 is available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/videoprocessing/.

>>> Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> 05/01/14 6:55 PM >>>

> I don't really unsterstand the role of this function
> :env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop(); ?

This is explained in the FAQ
    http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#control-flow
LIVE555-based applications are event-driven, using an event loop.

> So, to put the stream in my filter at the same time it is received, I make
> a pointer to stdout like this :
> byte *pDataBuff=(byte*)"stdout";//I also tried stdin

No!  Just do what I said!

Leave the "testMPEG2TransportStreamer" code as it is.  DO NOT change it.

Write a separate 'filter' application (using your own code) that reads from 'stdin'.

Then run, from the command line:

    testMPEG2TransportReceiver | your_filter_application

(To use the LIVE555 software, you need to understand what "stdout" and "stdin" mean, and understand what "|" (i.e., piping) means.)

and is believed to be clean.

and is believed to be clean.