[Live-devel] Event Loop Not Terminating

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 8 13:53:18 PDT 2014

I've decided to address this situation by implementing Gord Umphrey's 'send timeout' hack.  A difference, however, is that if the blocking "send()" does time out, we close the socket.  Because the socket is used for both RTSP and RTP/RTP-over-TCP, this means that all remaining network activity on this connection will cease.  (If this is a server, then the "RTSPClientConnection" state will eventually get reclaimed normally.)

This change is implemented in the latest release: 2014.05.08

By default, the timeout interval is 500 ms.  If you wish, you can change this by compiling "RTPInterface.cpp" with RTPINTERFACE_BLOCKING_WRITE_TIMEOUT_MS defined to be some other value.  (A value of 0 means: Don't timeout - i.e., the previous behavior.)

(A reminder, once again, that this applies *only* to RTP/RTCP-over-TCP connections where the initial, non-blocking write succeeded in writing only part of the data.)

Alternatively, if you're running a RTSP server, you can call "RTSPServer::disableStreamingRTPOverTCP()" to tell the server to reject clients that request RTP/RTCP-over-TCP streaming.