[Live-devel] Fixing "The total received frame size exceeds the client's buffer size"

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 16 14:23:20 PDT 2014

> If I change the H264VideoStreamFramer  to a H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer

Yes, you MUST do this, because your input source (from the RTSP client's "H264VideoRTPSource") consists of a sequence of discrete NAL units, rather than an unstructured byte stream.  I.e., you MUST feed your RTSP client "MediaSubsession"s "readSource()" into a "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer", NOT a "H264VideoStreamFramer".

> then I see none
> of the above errors and then testRTSPClient gets data, but it is not playable by, say, VLC.

That's because your "H264VideoRTPSink" does not know the H.264 SPS and PPS NAL units for the stream.

To fix this, create your "H264VideoRTPSink" using one of the "createNew()" versions that take the SPS/PPS NAL units as parameter.  E.g.
	H264VideoRTPSink::createNew(envir(), rtpGroupsock, 96, clientMediaSubsession.fmtp_spropparametersets());
I.e., in this case you're taking the encoded SPS/PPS NAL unit information that your RTSP client already got from the downstream server (camera).