[Live-devel] to stream MP4 container

장주일 jichang at coretrust.com
Mon May 26 21:40:09 PDT 2014

Hi, I’m doing to stream MP4 with live555.

To do this I googled and found mp4-ehnahced live555 project with live555
ver4.x

It uses MPEG4IP, and extracts ES from mp4 source file and stream each ES
file.

like this:

...(parsing from mp4 file information using MPEG4IP)...

sms->addSubsession(ADTSAudioFileServerMediaSubsession::createNew(env,
command, reuseSource));

sms->addSubsession(H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession::createNew(env,
command, reuseSource));

It works well.

But I don’t want use this way for some reasons (storage and initial
extracting time, etc).

I’d like to demux mp4 file as live555 demux MPEG1or2.

Can I do this easily? Should I use mp4 demux code from another project like
ffmpeg?

Any advice will be appreciated.