[Live-devel] Regarding the start code handling in h264

Tony fantasyvideo at 126.com
Tue May 27 07:34:52 PDT 2014

Hi Ross,
    My system has two type rtsp stream.
   One is living video,  other device transfer their h264 data to my system, I copied them to one queue, and the framed source would get one sample every time, these sample is  h264 nalu, and isn't add start code (0x00,0x00,0x00,0x01).
   Other is VOID, every time video framed source would read one sample in mp4 file. This sample contains more than one nalu, and each nalu would be started with (0x00,0x00,0x00,0x01), but in such case, the  h264 data client receives doesn't have start code, so I guess live555 has removed them.

   But what's the difference with these two type streams? If I add the start code in the first stream, live555 would'nt remove them.
   And if I don't add the start code in the second type stream,  the client can't play the received data.

   So could you explain it?

   Thanks!