[Live-devel] Problem with fMaxSize after signalNewFrame() for live source

Chmelev, Anton Anton.Chmelev at transas.com
Sat Nov 8 04:47:44 PST 2014

??Hello Ross,

I'm writing an application that encodes screen capture (using MS media foundation h264 encoder) and transmits it via RTSP using liveMedia.

I've written a wrapper for interfacing with the encoder (based on DeviceSource.cpp).

When the encoding starts,  maxFrameSize eventually grows to BANK_SIZE and all works well, but eventually input frames run out (it is supposed to be a live stream with no preroll).

So, when I get new encoded frame, I trigger signalNewFrame(), at which point maxFrameSize is less than encoder's output, hence the frames get clipped.

I've implemented a "kludge"to keep a record of maximum frame size and adjust it, if it drops.

I have doubts about the viability of such solution, what do you think?

Thanks!

BR, Anton