[Live-devel] Creating live tsx file or Updating existing TSX file

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 19 13:33:23 PST 2014

(Some misinformation has crept into this thread - in part because I’ve taken a while to respond.  Sorry :-)

As some people noted, it would be possible to implement the mechanism that Michael Chapman’s asking for (rewind/seek backwards) in the client - but it shouldn’t be necessary, because the RTSP protocol already has a mechanism for this - and, as Michael noted, RTSP is already used for ‘off line’ playback, so it makes sense to try to use the same RTSP client for both mechanisms.

So yes, it should be possible for me to update the “MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer” application to continually extend the index file if the underlying Transport Stream file keeps growing.  (This will also require a small change to the RTSP server’s Transport Stream 'trick play' code to allow for the possibility of the index file growing after it was first read.)

I have only limited Internet access over the next few weeks, but I’ll see if I can make this change sometime before mid-December.  (If you are interested in paying money to expedite this, let me know by separate email.)

http://www.live555.com/ <http://www.live555.com/>