[Live-devel] [Patch] timeout patch for openRTSP to prevent stream cut off on broken servers

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Sat Nov 22 01:43:14 PST 2014

Hi Ross,

* there was a unified diff attached, that means, the only thing, you had
  to do was running the "patch" command after reviewing it *not* coding
  it all over again. (Or: alternatively tell me my coding style is bad
  and demand changes, whatever :) )

* hardware vendors seldomly *just fix their servers*, so: most
  people, that are affected, are just stuck with the current
  *non-working* situation...

* as mentioned in the original posting from 2010, there is reason to
  believe, that the standard isn't even very specific regarding the
  *correct* handling of timeouts, so: maybe *you* got it wrong, and
  *they* were right.

BTW: I even made it an *option*, so people have to explicitly *enable*
the work around on the command line.

Just my 2 (oh wait 3) cents.

Regards,
Peter

Am Freitag, den 21.11.2014, 16:02 -0800 schrieb
live-devel-request at ns.live555.com: