[Live-devel] a Question about live555MediaServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 27 08:39:09 PST 2014

> I have a question to ask about live555MediaServer.
> I would like to make slight modification about RTP packet. (except for the header)

What specific change(s) do you want to make to RTP packets?  (Note once again that we support only protocols that are described by IETF standard RFCs (or standards-track Internet-Drafts).)

> And also, in the codes, what does a “frame” means? Is it the same as “video frame”?

Often, but not always.  In the code, “frame” refers to a discrete unit of data that can be packed into RTP packets.  (In particular, for H.264 or H.265 video, a “frame” - as used by our code - will actually be a NAL unit, not (necessarily) an entire ‘picture’.)