[Live-devel] Writing RTSP server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 8 00:48:49 PDT 2014

> Currently uncompressed ARGB data is given out from our custom source and following is the code written increateNewRTPSink  of our MedisSubSession class.(which we wish to compress into H.264 and then stream )
>
> OutPacketBuffer::maxSize = 720*576*4; // by default
> MultiFramedRTPSink* pSink = SimpleRTPSink::createNew(envir(), rtpGroupsock,

Because you're planning to stream H.264 video, you MUST use a "H264VideoRTPSink", not a "SimpleRTPSink".

Also, we do not support streaming uncompressed video, so you must compress your video (to H.264) before streaming it.

I suggest that you use the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" code as a model, noting in particular the "H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession" class.  You will use a similar class in your server.

You should first familiarize yourself with how "testOnDemandRTSPServer" streams a H.264 video file (named "test.264").