[Live-devel] doGetNextFrame interval

James Heliker james.heliker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:45:09 PDT 2014

Hi Ross / All -

In my AudioBufferSource (based on AudioInputDevice) the doGetNextFrame
happens at an extremely fast interval - which is sometimes causing my PCM
audio running at 44.1 kHz to get fragmented.

For example, I am tuning my server and client software to work with 64
(pcm)frame chunks, however now and then a 20 frame chunk gets out the door
as my ASIO device isn't done writing a chunk to my circular buffer.

Is there any way to turn the doGetNextFrame interval down / slow it down?
Would that have unintended side effects that I'm not considering?

Any advice would be very much appreciated. I've got my latency where I need
it to be, but it appears these fragmented chunks are causing the remaining
audible glitches that I'm battling every few seconds.

Thanks for your help!!

 - James