[Live-devel] Endless h264 streaming

Philippe Spat philippes1752 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 07:17:46 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am using live555 dynamic server to stream endlessly on rtp/rtsp port. My
idea was to create my own classes which work exactly the same as the
testProgs, but with instances of my created objects (rtsp server, sms,
...). It works wonderful just not for h264 elementaries.

For h264: When I reboot (or boot) my pc and start my server, connect to it
using VLC or MPlayer, it works perfeclty. But when I stop it and restart
it, connect to it using VLC or MPlayer again, at the first loop I get
"non-existing PPS referenced" errors (no video displayed) but it starts
streaming perfectly (and endless) at the 2nd loop again. In other words, i
have to reboot after each launch of the server to see my h264 streaming
working fine...

Note that this is a test application, I do not care if client gets
disconnected, the server still streams endlessly till I stop it.

Any idea without any source code? I was thinking about SPS and PPS units
problems, but in this case I don't understand why it works one time and not
many.

Regards,
Philippe