[Live-devel] RTSP streaming to Android Client

pankaj bansal pankaj.bansal.jiit at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:14:31 PDT 2014

Hi

I have an server client application. client is an android client. I am
using the Live555 server for streaming. I have used VideoView Widget of
Android to play the stream. I am having an latency of about 2-3 seconds in
frames on server and client. Also the playback is not smooth, it bit
jittery.

Is this expected if using Live555 server or is it something to do with the
Android client?

I tried using some other FFMPEG based android clients also. There also I
can see the latency but the playback is smoother than while using the
android VideoView...

PS: have very good network bandwidth.

Regards

Pankaj Bansal