[Live-devel] UDP packet loss

Nadir Raimondo raimondo at ismb.it
Tue Oct 14 07:18:39 PDT 2014

Hi Ross,
sorry for the inaccuracy, I'll try to describe my architecture with more
details.

The application using live555 has a BasicUDPSource that is replicated
through a StreamReplicator to feed a BasicUDPSink and two FileSink.

We stream input for this application with ffmpeg: it is a transport
stream containing a h.264 video and a second PES of metadata. Packets
are then supposed to be Transport Stream data in raw-UDP packets.

The loss occurs somewhere before the Groupsock::handleRead() call, since
adding logging there to show all incoming packets I notice that the
missing ones have already gone at this stage.

Nadir