[Live-devel] Writing RTSP server

Jasleen Kaur Jasleen at beesys.com
Thu Oct 16 05:13:21 PDT 2014

________________________________
From: live-devel [live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] on behalf of Ross Finlayson [finlayson at live555.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 8:51 PM
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] Writing RTSP server

Can we compress the data to H.264 using Live555 ?

No.  The "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software does not include any 'codec' (media encoding or decoding) software.

Hi Ross

I encoded the data using FFMPEG, and then sent using Live555.The codec used is H.264, and the hence the sink class.

The problem is that VLC plays the stream , but the video is not visible i.e it is coming as black.
Now the question is that , how does the VLC come to know about the size and format of the video being played, as it is not a video file with header information.Only the frames and encoded and sent.

I am unable to understand the reason behind the blank output on VLC.

Regards
Jasleen