[Live-devel] Proper use of StreamReplicator

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 17 06:48:13 PDT 2014

> Yes, I see JPEGVideoRTPSink being destroyed three times as createNewStreamSource() is called three times.
> First with a clientSessionID=0 and the other times with valid large ids. No idea why three times, perhaps VLC which
> acts as the client does something interesting. Trying with testRTSPClient I only see two calls. Perhaps VLC retries
> something as there is no data.

Yes, VLC first requests regular RTP/RTCP-over-UDP streaming, but then - if it receives no data within a certain period of time - tries again, this time requesting RTP/RTCP-over-TCP streaming.

> So far there doesn't seem to be any error in what I'm trying to do, but the stream simply is not playing. Is there
> really a startPlaying() being called for the replicated stream too?

Yes, there should be - it’s done in the “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession” code, when the server handles the RTSP “PLAY” command.

Unfortunately, I can’t figure out why it’s not working for you.  You’re going to have to work through the “StreamReplica” code, checking that "StreamReplica::doGetNextFrame()” gets called, as it should.