[Live-devel] rtp over tcp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Oct 18 19:52:59 PDT 2014

> 1)When I use centos's default value of net.core.rmem_max /net.core.wmem_max/net.core.wmem_default,the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" shows some information below and then openRTSP can't receive any data.
>  sendDataOverTCP: resending 970 byte send (blocking)
> sendDataOverTCP: resending 300 byte send (blocking)
> then "sendResult <0" and excute "removeStreamSocket(socketNum, 0xFF)"
> sendRTPorRTCPPacketOverTCP: failed! (errno 11)
>
> 2)When I setting the net.core.rmem_max /net.core.wmem_max/net.core.wmem_default  all to 90000 in the server,the wireshark show the "TCP Window Full" at the server and

This makes it clear that your problem is that the bitrate of your stream is exceeding the capacity of your network.  Your ONLY solution to this is to either use a slower stream, or get a faster network.  (And you should not be streaming over TCP (unless you have a firewall - between the server and client - that blocks UDP packets; streaming over TCP just makes the situation worse.)