[Live-devel] H264or5VideoStreamParser::parse() from a FramedSource

Richard Lince Richard.Lince at datapath.co.uk
Fri Oct 24 09:37:43 PDT 2014

Hi,

It would seem that my live h264 stream format I am delivering into H264or5VideoStreamParser::parse() is incorrect.
I correctly parse the SPS, then PPS from the algorithm but from then on its a bit hit and miss.
I know that the source stream is good (I have emulated the live input using an embedded .264 file).
The NAL format is 00000001 proceeding each frame.
The final four bytes of the frame do not have a NAL.

I've been stepping through H264or5VideoStreamParser::parse() for most of the week and can only manage to stream a poor picture as half the NALs are not recognized. Any obvious ideas?

After creating my own class's

*         class myRTSPSinkOndemandMediaSubsession : public OnDemandServerMediaSubsession

*         class myFrameSource : public FramedSource

myFrameSource *pFrameSource = NULL;
ServerMediaSession *sms = ServerMediaSession::createNew(*_env, "myFirstStream", 0, "Session from /dev/video1");
sms->addSubsession ( myRTSPSinkOndemandMediaSubsession::createNew(*_env, pFrameSource));
rtspServer->addServerMediaSession(sms);

Usual FramedSource
if (size > fMaxSize)
{
fNumTruncatedBytes = size - fMaxSize;
fFrameSize = fMaxSize;
}
else
{
fFrameSize = size;
fNumTruncatedBytes = 0;
}
memcpy(fTo, pFrame->PStart, fFrameSize );

Best Regards,
Richard Lince